Neurosurgery has been the hallmark of BSES hospital, since its inception. A wide range of routine and specialized operations has been performed since then. The department has grown from strength to strength in the last six years.
A good clean OT with laminar flow, excellent lighting, motorized table, microscope and good anaesthesia, ICU and in house CT backup are available to serve patients with neurosurgical problems.
This was the first hospital in Mumbai to have successful implanted baclofen spasticity in Mumbai. This is one of the very few hospitals in India, where deep brain stimulation of the sub thalamic nucleus has been performed for Parkinsons disease. Brain tumour, head injuries, hypertensive clots and even rare operations like Cordotomy and Radiofrequency for Pain relief have been performed here.
- Tumour of the Brain and Spine including Skull Base Tumours
- Spinal Cord Tumours, Surgery for Syringomyelia
- Anterior and Posterior Instrumentation and Stabilisation of the spine.
- Craniovertebral Junction Stabilisation
- Head Injury Treatment for Extradural,Subdural, Intracerebral Clots and Depressed Fractures
- Hypertensive Clot Surgery, External Ventricular Drainage for IV haemorrhage.
- Cranioplasty, Craniofacial Syndrome surgery
- Ventriculoperitoneal Shunting for Hydrocephalus
Functional Neurosurgery for Chronic Epilepsy
- Temporal Lobectomy for Mesial Temporal Sclerosis
- Mulitlobar Resection
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation
- Multiple Subpial transections for eloquent cortex epilepsy
- Corpus Callosotomy for Drop Attacks
- Deep Brain Stimulation of the Subthalamic Nucleus for Parkinsons Disease
- Thalamotomy, Pallidotomy for Parkinsons Disease and Dystonia
- Intrathecal Baclofen Pump for Spasticity
- Selective Posterior Rhizotomy and Selective Motor Fasiculotomy for Cerebral Palsy
- Intrathecal Morphine Pumps for Uncontrolled Pain
- Radiofrequency Thermocoagulation for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Medial Branch RF for Cervical, Dorsal and Lumbar Facetal Pain.
- Transforaminal Blocks and Pulse RF for Cervical and Lumbar Radiculopathy
- Spinal Cord and Peripheral Nerve Stimulation
- Epidurolysis or RACZ procedure for Failed back syndrome
- Vertebroplasty for osteoporotic spine fractures
- Stellate Ganglion, Coeliac Plexus, Hypogastric for Head Face Neck, Chest and Abdominal Cancer Pain releif
- Lumbar Sympathetic RF for Peripheral Vascular Disease Pain
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation for Intractable Depression
- Stereotactic Cingulotomy and Anterior Capsulotomy for Depression and Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
Other Specialised Procedures
- Stereotactic Brain Biopsy and Tumour Removal
- Microlumbar Discectomy
- CT guided transpedicular vertebral body biopsy
- Endoscopic Third Ventriculotomy for Congenital Aqueductal Stenosis
- Endoscopic Colloid Cyst Removal
- Carotid Endarterectomy for Carotid artery plaques and stenosis in Ischemic Cerbrovascular Disease
Team of Specialists
Dr. Mohinish G.Bhatjiwale
Dr. Ketan Desai
Dr. Harshad Parekh